Re: [O] TODO items which do not appear in the agenda?

From: Tory S. Anderson
Subject: Re: [O] TODO items which do not appear in the agenda?
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2015 08:42:57 -0600

I'm a little confused; for me, by default, TODO items do NOT appear in the agenda. They only appear if connected to a deadline, date, or schedule item. I have files of hundreds of TODO items that don't appear in agenda unless I give them a date. I think this is the default behavior.
Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden> writes:

Hi all,

I would like to have some TODO items, so that I can mark some tasks as incomplete; however, I don't want them to appear in the agenda, so that
it's not too cluttered.  Use case:

* Blog
** DONE Blog post idea 1
** TODO Blog post idea 2

I know about (setq org-agenda-todo-list-sublevels nil). However, marking the whole "Blog" headline as DONE only so that I don't see the
individual post ideas in my agenda seems hackish.

I also know that I could define my own TODO items and use filtering (maybe even with a custom agenda command). Maybe this is the way to go,
but somehow I'd prefer a simple set of TODO keywords
(TODO/DONE/CANCELED, for instance).

So, does the Org hive mind have any other ideas how to implement "TODO
items which do not appear in the agenda"?

TIA