Re: [O] Links in comments

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: [O] Links in comments
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 07:07:36 -0400

Hi John, Eric,

Thanks for the replies.

I will try out the highlight-regexp trick today.

The point I was trying to make was not that we should highlight links even in comments (though that was my suggested alternative). The main point I wanted to make was that links should not get hidden in comments.

If highlighting links in comments is not suggested, then at least we should make them visible as,

# some [[link][desc]]

Instead of

# some desc

The use case is where I would have some org-mode text with links temporarily commented out. But in the commented state, I would not know if that text hid any links because the links don't show expanded in the commented text. And also they don't have a different face.

I will update later on what I see on using highlight-regexp. I think that will work for me too.