Re: [O] Some projects

From: Matt Price
Subject: Re: [O] Some projects
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 21:05:37 -0400

On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 9:51 AM, Rasmus <address@hidden> wrote:
Aaron Ecay <address@hidden> writes:

> It’s unfortunate, but pandoc has the most easily adaptable CSL
> implementation for our use case, as far as I can see.  The other
> contender is Zotero (in JS, possibly with XUL-specific bits).  It would
> be good if somebody looked at what it would take for us to use Zotero’s
> implementation, just as Richard did for Pandoc.

Indeed.  I guess this is what they use:

         https://github.com/zotero/citeproc-node

It also looks rather complex...

FWIW, I just tried installing this on my Arch system, but it doesn't work with node 0.12, and I am currently unable to switch to io.js due to dependencies of several other projects. I guess tools like NVM can help with this situation, but I worry that node is currently a moving target and might lead to lots of platform-dependent buggy behaviour.

Though I have also personally had many problems with pandoc and haskell on this same arch linux laptop, so it could be that I just suck at system maintenance.