Re: [O] Some projects

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Some projects
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 14:42:22 +0100

Hi,

Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> writes:

> I don't know which OS you are using, but just checking on
> [[https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/releases/1.15.1]] and
> [[https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/releases/tag/1.15.1.1]]:
>
> Windows: 19.7 MB
> Mac    : 27.9 MB
> Deb    : 20.2 MB
>
> The 1600MB must be including LaTeX?

Nope, but something like 100 haskell libraries and ghc.  I guess it’s not
build in a static way?

It’s much smaller on Debian, approx. 25Mb.  (I should switch to Fedora
full-time).

> In General, I like the idea of using the Pandoc approach, as Pandoc
> provides a very useful framework for all kinds of conversions (and I
> don't like java...)

Your first argument refers to a side effect (to us), and it is irrelevant
IMO.  Java run easily everywhere, easily, and if you use mathml for some
of your documents, you’re likely already using a jar file with Org.

That being said, it suggest that Pandoc /can/ be packed in a sensible way,
which is good.

Rasmus

--
A page of history is worth a volume of logic