Re: [O] Regression in Org triggered from helm

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: [O] Regression in Org triggered from helm
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 16:58:39 -0400

Hello,

Simon Thum <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> after updating helm I came across a possible regression on Org. I
> Already filed a helm bug, but Thierry thinks it's Org's fault.

What version of Org are you using?

> https://github.com/emacs-helm/helm/issues/1246
>
> In short, M-x helm-org-agenda-files-headings breaks.
>
> I had some success working around it, but for reasons beyond me that
> doesn't work any more. I'll try to work out a MCE but for the time in
> between, maybe someone has an idea what's wrong, and where (org or
> helm)?

I haven't had any luck reproducing this.  Isolating the error with a
minimal configuration and minimal Org file would be very helpful.

> Here is the complete stacktrace (the -my function is textually
> equivalent to its non-my counterpart in helm-org):
>

> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (args-out-of-range "LoD" 0 -3)
>   substring("LoD" 0 -6)
>   (setq h (substring h 0 (- maxwidth 2)) total (+ total maxwidth 1))

At some point, maxwidth is being set very low (-4 here).  Try to see
where this happens.  For example, what value for width does
helm-get-org-candidates-in-file send into org-format-outline-path?  If
that seems to be appropriate, debug org-format-outline-path and see when
it's getting set to the low value.

--
Kyle