Re: [O] Org-mode reinvented?

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: [O] Org-mode reinvented?
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2015 19:16:47 +0100

On 2015-10-25, at 16:55, Ken Mankoff <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 2015-10-25 at 07:12, John Kitchin <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Interesting. One day I imagine something like this, or sharelatex
>> exists for collaborating on org-files with people who don't like
>> Emacs...
>
> One can hope, but unfortunately it seems Markdown is the default
> implementation for people supporting a simple markup language.

Yes.  Sometimes I wish Org-mode used Markdown by default.  Then, I start
to think "yes, fine, but /which/ Markdown?", and I feel better;-).

(The problem with Markdown seems to be that there is no "official"
version.  Also, if Org-mode were tied to some external standard, Org's
own development - like in "adding new features" - would become
problematic.)

>   -k.

Best,

--