Re: [O] export: noweb blocks substituted versus verbatim ?

From: Brian Beckman
Subject: Re: [O] export: noweb blocks substituted versus verbatim ?
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2015 23:19:29 +0000 (UTC)

Andreas Leha <andreas.leha <at> med.uni-goettingen.de> writes:

> Hi Brian,

[[ omitted: deeper quotes ]]

> As far as I can see, the difference is that some of the code blocks have
> the header argument `:noweb yes', while others do not.
>
> I do not know how to achieve working noweb extension during evaluation
> but omitting noweb extension during export, though.
>
> HTH,
> Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for answering.  I did some experiments putting `:noweb yes'
in various combinations and also putting a dummy line before the
references in the first (offending) block, like this:

#+NAME: test-block
#+BEGIN_SRC python :noweb yes :tangle test_foo.py
dummy_for_org_mode = True
<<imports>>
<<definitions>>
def test_smoke ():
    np.testing.assert_approx_equal (foo_func (), foo_constant)
#+END_SRC

and separating the code lines with blank lines (as we must do in
org-babel `session' mode).  None of it made any visible difference.

None of it made any difference