[O] Italicized code/verbatim blocks

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: [O] Italicized code/verbatim blocks
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2015 12:37:22 -0400

Hi all,

I got intrigued by this question on emacs.SE: http://emacs.stackexchange.com/q/16915/115

The example that the OP uses reveals a bug (I believe).

If you type the below in an org-mode buffer:

call the /static/ method =something(/$with/, /$param/)=

​you see that the $with and $param are italicized even when they are surrounded by verbatim markers (doesn't matter what the value of org-emphasis-hide-markers is).

The export of that to HTML and LaTeX works fine.

​That led me to try to find a solution to get italicized code/verbatim blocks in HTML/LaTeX exports but I couldn't find a way to do it.

--
Kaushal Modi