Re: [O] help debugging org-element crashes?

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: Re: [O] help debugging org-element crashes?
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2015 09:12:23 +0200

Peter Salazar <address@hidden> writes:

> Hey everyone,
>
> I'm finding my Emacs crashing a lot; other times I get errors like these
> which I assume are related to the crashes:
> http://pastebin.com/Tncs79r0
> http://pastebin.com/jfdEYwVk
>
> I mean total Emacs crashes, where I have to force quit Emacs itself. It's
> happened in various org-mode situations including:
> - pasting text from OSX clipboard
> - promoting/demoting org-headings
> - moving subtree up or down (i.e. using org-metadown org org-metaup)

I also experience frequent crashes at the moment and they happen in
similar situations.

I am in contact with an emacs dev to give him all the info needed to
sort out what is happening.

I would suggest that you file a bug report including backtrace of emacs
after the crash so that this can be followed up as a new bug or added as
additional data points to my bug report.

You could try to use HEAD - but I had the same crashes there.

You can see my bug report and tips on how to figure out what is
happening at https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=21428

Cheers,

Rainer

> My details:
>
> Mac OSX Yosemite 10.10.5
> GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin14.5.0, Carbon Version 157 AppKit
> 1348.17)
> Org-mode version 8.3.1 (8.3.1-129-ga7c8d2-elpaplus @
> org-plus-contrib-20150921/)
>
> I've tried reinstalling org-plus-contrib... I have also enabled
> org-element-debug.
>
> Any suggestions on how I can track this down and fix it?
>
> Thanks!

UCT), Dipl. Phys. (Germany)

Stellenbosch University
South Africa