Re: [O] A book produced using Org

From: M
Subject: Re: [O] A book produced using Org
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2015 15:13:55 +0200

Dear Vikas,

the book looks really beautiful – very good work!

It should definitely be mentioned on the orgmode homepage.
It would also be worth a message in the (very quiet) orgmode group on linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/grp/home?gid=4588448

Kind regards

Martin

Von: Vikas Rawal <address@hidden>
Datum: Sun, 20 Sep 2015 03:56:54 +0530
An: org-mode mailing list <address@hidden>
Betreff: [O] A book produced using Org

I am happy to share with fellow Orgers my recent book —  Ending Malnutrition: from commitment to action  — published by the Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations, Rome and Tulika Books, New Delhi (http://www.fao.org/3/a-i4921e.pdf),  The book was written and produced entirely in Org.

This would not have been possible without the terrific support provided by this community. Over the last few months, I have come to this mailing list with several queries about how to do something or the other, and people have very patiently provided solutions and suggestions.

I would like to thank everyone for their patience and their support.

Vikas

--------

>From acknowledgements of the book:

In addition, for all the statistical work and writing, the authors relied on R ([[http://www.r-project.org][www.r-project.org]]), org ([[http://www.orgmode.org][www.orgmode.org]]),
and LaTeX. All three are open source projects, freely made available by very vibrant communities of developers. During the course of the work, we often drew on support from these communities.