Re: [O] Scheme code block gives false error message

From: Lawrence Bottorff
Subject: Re: [O] Scheme code block gives false error message
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 21:18:31 +0000

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 6:55 PM, Nick Dokos <address@hidden> wrote:

> So it looks like Scheme is not a Babel language after all.

What do you mean? There is an ob-scheme.el but it's buggy: I suspect
that every ob-*.el is buggy to some extent. Does that mean that every
language that babel supports is not a babel language?

I only mean it can't be used as it now is. I was only three simple example code snippets into this when it proved inoperable. I wanted to use it as a study aid for HTDP or SICP or one of the other Scheme tutorials . . . as in make some personal comments around code samples.

> Is there a formal "bug report" to do?

Well, whether a formal bug report will help is not clear: it's probably
best that one be submitted if only for documentation purposes, but
whether it will be addressed or not very much depends on somebody
picking it up and fixing it. You might be able to persuade "Möbius"
to sign FSF papers and submit his implementation (but note that there
are limitations there, as mentioned on the page you linked - so there
will be bugs...)

I keep putting off learning elisp. Maybe this is the "Schub" I need. You know, stop being such a needy org-mode tourist and start being a local. :-)