Re: [O] Graphic files displayed in buffer?

From: Thomas S . Dye
Subject: Re: [O] Graphic files displayed in buffer?
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2015 09:14:50 -1000

Aloha all,

Answering myself ...

Thomas S. Dye <address@hidden> writes:

> Aloha all,
>
> Links to graphic files in one section of a long-lived document now
> display the graphic in the Org mode buffer.  This new behavior is
> surprising and unwanted.
>
> Links to graphic files in other sections of the same document are
> displayed correctly as links.
>
> I'd like to have all the links displayed as links.  Any ideas how to fix
> this?

I think I've found a recently introduced bug.

The behavior I describe above can be triggered by a call to org-sbe,
which I have set up like this at the end of my Org mode file.

# Local Variables:
# org-entities-user: nil
# eval: (and (fboundp 'org-sbe) (not (fboundp 'sbe)) (fset 'sbe 'org-sbe))
# eval: (sbe "user-entities")
# End:

If I omit the # eval: (sbe "user-entities") line, save the file, close
it, and re-open it then all is well.

If I add the line and refresh the setup, then the problem returns.

If I then delete the line, so there are no calls to org-sbe (or its
alias, sbe), and refresh the setup, then the problem persists.  If I
then save the file, kill its buffer, and re-open it, the problem is
gone.

I hope this makes sense.  It seems to me that org-sbe has recently begun
hosing something.  This is all code that I've been using regularly and
successfully for months or years.

All the best,
Tom

--