Re: [O] Favorite way of syncing?

From: Paul Rudin
Subject: Re: [O] Favorite way of syncing?
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2015 08:07:05 +0100

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

> On Friday, 11 Sep 2015 at 18:42, Ramon Diaz-Uriarte wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> I use syncthing (https://syncthing.net/) which, admittedly, does not
>> require a server nor uses SSH :-). I keep four computers in sync this way,
>> and also use it to send/receive the org files (with MobileOrg) to/from
>
> Thanks for the heads up on this.  The only thing I use Dropbox for is
> MobileOrg and I would love to avoid using a proprietary *and* closed
> system, especially as some of the content is sensitive.

If the content is sensitive you can either encrypt the data yourself
before it goes to Dropbox (see e.g. ecryptfs) or use a service that does
this as part of its process (see e.g. spideroak).

Not that I have anything against doing thing other ways - I'm just
pointing out that privacy concerns don't, of themselves, mean you can't
use Dropbox (or similar).