Re: [O] (no subject)

From: Eduardo Mercovich
Subject: Re: [O] (no subject)
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2015 15:35:11 -0300

Dear Thomas.

> you could revert to your working org installation (if you did not delete
> that folder)  by deleting / moving the folder with the faulty
> installation (say "org-201508XX") from your .emacs.d/elpa directory.
> If this solves your problems, then I would recommend starting a "bare"
> emacs
>   emacs -q
> and install org from elpa again.

I did it, with some hiccups in the middle, and now I have a working
Org-mode version 8.3.1 (8.3.1-95-g1dbb25-elpaplus)
in
~/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150831/

Thank you! :)

> A few days ago I ran into that same  issue :-)

Even while upgrading is not yet perfect, the packaging system is
becoming better by each version.

As I'm not a bleeding edge developer, I may enjoy this version for a
while, but for those who may step on the same rock:

1 . I uninstalled org from the package manager (M-x list-packages, there
mark with "D" and execute with "x")
2 . unloaded every org file (this is important, close all org buffers
before installation),
3. . and installed again org from the package manager;
4. . after, installed org-plus-contrib.

Now it seems it's working fine, and I hope it may serve others too.
Don't forget to unload org buffers before install! (is upgrading the
same?).

Thanks a lot Thomas! :)

Best...