[O] ob-R ignores ess-eval-visibly?

From: Tamas Papp
Subject: [O] ob-R ignores ess-eval-visibly?
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2015 09:22:19 +0200

Hi,

I prefer ESS not to wait for results of evaluating R code, especially if
it takes a longer time (eg estimating a model in RStan, 1-2 minutes), so
I have

(setq ess-eval-visibly 'nowait)

But I find that ob-R ignores this, eg evaluating

#+BEGIN_SRC R :results none
  Sys.sleep(10)
#+END_SRC

I looked at the source and I think I understand why this is: the results
need to be inserted into the buffer. However, could there be an
exception for :results none, when they are not needed? Then I could put
code which takes a long time into these blocks, and they would not block
my Emacs.

Best,

Tamas