[O] Question about todo subheadings and logbook

From: Keith M Swartz
Subject: [O] Question about todo subheadings and logbook
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2015 23:29:45 -0700

Hi all,

I'm currently using org-mode 8.3.1, and I'm curious about a particular behavior.

If I start to type an item, and then use the C-c C-t shortcut to mark it as a TODO item, it automatically creates a drawer and adds a LOGBOOK entry to it. Custom settings are as follows:

(setq org-log-into-drawer 'LOGBOOK
      org-log-state-notes-into-drawer 'LOGBOOK)

I often want to add a subheading (sub-task) to this todo item, so I'll hit Alt-Enter to do this. When I do, it creates the subheading /between/ the original todo and the drawer. Is that correct?

My preference - and what I would have assumed to be the correct behavior - would be to have the subheadings appear /after/ the logbook drawer, as each subtask can also have a todo state and its own logbook.

I figure there's probably a quick change I can make to org-insert-todo-subheading or some other function, but wanted to see if: a) this is how it's supposed to work, and b) if there was an easier way to achieve what I want, maybe just some keyboard shortcut I'm missing.

Thanks,
Keith
--

Keith M Swartz