[O] Bug: Smart left single quote broken

From: T.F. Torrey
Subject: [O] Bug: Smart left single quote broken
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2015 02:05:38 -0700

Hello all,

The smart quote code has gotten a little borked, at least in HTML.

This:

#+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
He said, "You should believe me, 'cause it's 'true'."
#+END_EXAMPLE

Exports to this:

#+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
He said, &ldquo;You should believe me, &rsquo;cause it&rsquo;s
&rsquo;true&rsquo;.&rdquo;
#+END_EXAMPLE

The quote before "true" should be a left single quote, and it used to be,
like this:

#+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
He said, &ldquo;You should believe me, &rsquo;cause it&rsquo;s
&lsquo;true&rsquo;.&rdquo;
#+END_EXAMPLE

I looked at the code, but it has become more convoluted than I can
figure out in the time allotted.  Hopefully the error is obvious to
someone more familiar with it.

Emacs : GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (i586-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.16.4) of
 2015-06-28 on x86-csail-01, modified by Debian Package: Org-mode
 version 8.3.1 (release_8.3.1-190-g258966 @
 /home/tftorrey/T/org-mode/lisp/)

Best,
Terry