[O] Suggestions on sync algorithms

From: Tory S. Anderson
Subject: [O] Suggestions on sync algorithms
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2015 09:16:48 -0600

I'm planning to make a mode that allows me to manage my Pivotal Tracker projects from orgmode; Pivotal Tracker exposes a rich JSON API and the basic task of mapping Pivotal data types to Org syntax is conceptually straight forward. But I'm trying to decide on the best way to perform syncronization so that changes on pivotal (which may be made by team members) are correctly synced with my local changes, and vice versa. I'm hoping for suggestions (links OK) on a clean way to perform this synchronization. One option would be to convert local and remote to org and then ediff the products; is there a more automatic way of which I should be aware?

- Tory