Re: [O] porting guide from old to new beamer export?

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [O] porting guide from old to new beamer export?
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2015 09:06:53 +0200

On Tue, Sep 01, 2015 at 12:19:32AM +0000, Marko Schütz-Schmuck wrote:
> Suvayu Ali <fatkasuvayu+linux <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

> > On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 05:23:52PM +0000, Marko Schütz-Schmuck wrote:
> > >
> > > Thanks for the link. I had used all of the documentation that are
> > > referenced
> > > on that page.
> > >
> > > I have uploaded a typical file with slides to http://pastebin.com/L2ss0hXG
> > > and http://pastebin.com/D61eSkDq.
> > >
> > > When I publish this to PDF with the new exporter the LaTeX file that is
> > > generated does not use any frames http://pastebin.com/8jN6XeuE
> >
> > I think you are doing one of two things wrong.  Either your
> > org-latex-classes is incorrectly setup, or you are simply exporting to
> > latex instead of beamer (C-c C-e l b).  E.g. I get the following as the
> > first frame:
>
> Thanks, that helps a lot!
>
> I did not have an option to export to beamer. I wasn't aware that I had to
> require ox-beamer explicitly.

Okay good.

> Now I notice that the new exporter makes frame titles like this
>
> \begin{frame}[label=sec-8]{proving
> \hoareTriple{V}\{\(\textmath{merge}\)\}\{P\}}
>
> where the old one generated this
>
> \begin{frame}
> \frametitle{proving \hoareTriple{V}{\(\textmath{merge}\)}{P}}
> \label{sec-8}
>
> The new exporter escaped some { and } that should not be escaped.

The new exporter tries to preserve special characters whenever it
doesn't recognise a latex snippet.  To ensure they are not escaped as
special characters, you should use export snippets.  Try:

  @@latex:\hoareTriple{V}{@@\(\textmath{merge}\)@@latex:}{P}@@

See the help string for org-export-snippet-translation-alist.

Hope this helps,

--
Suvayu