[O] Preface, user's guide, cataloging key?

From: Lawrence Bottorff
Subject: [O] Preface, user's guide, cataloging key?
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 18:30:03 +0000

I'm currently using :LOGBOOK: at the very top of my org file to make a sort of daily pre-work tweet. That is, right under my top-level star-1 header. I'd also like a key or metadata or user's guide up at the top, too. For example, I have borrowed my Wordpress categories as my main header sections, but they're rather cryptic [DirLog LostWorlds SciTech TechCiv], so I'd like to have a small metadata place for explaining them at the top as well. Sure, I could just list each category out at the second level, and then have a :PROPERTIES: drawer right under each, but like I say, I'd like some preliminary metadata about the whole page up at the top -- not unlike a book with its cataloging metadata, preface, front matter, etc. Does anyone have a nice, elegant, best practices way of doing this? I guess this would work:

* ME
  - metadata stuff . . .
  - more stuff
    + nested more stuff

** DirLog

   . . .

but this seems awkward. Any suggestions? In general, I see tons of technical explanation about org-mode, but its layout and best-practices seem to still be rather anything goes, Wild West.

LB