Re: [O] install org-element, org-db

From: Lawrence Bottorff
Subject: Re: [O] install org-element, org-db
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 18:02:10 +0000

Yes, I got confused when I did M-x org-element-interpret-data and got nothing. I used it in a code block and it worked fine. Beginner question for sure: Why do these functions not work as M-x commands, rather, just in elisp code?

BTW, how would I run org-element-interpret-data and have it just place the output directly into my buffer without placing it in the #+RESULTS: output format? I see I can customize the #+RESULTS: word itself, and, of course, :results raw almost gets it, but still puts the #+RESULTS: label at the top.

On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 4:27 PM, Rasmus <address@hidden> wrote:
Lawrence Bottorff <address@hidden> writes:

> What's the best way to install latest org-element and org-db? They're not
> default, are they? They're not in ELPA.

Don't know what org-db is.  Re org-element you should probably use the one
that comes with your org-package.  IOW, you general org version and your
org-element version should be in sync.

Hope it helps,
Rasmus

--
Tack, ni svenska vakttorn. Med plutonium tvingar vi dansken på knä!