Re: [O] Not getting replies from the orgmode list to my e-mail address

From: Jorge A. Alfaro-Murillo
Subject: Re: [O] Not getting replies from the orgmode list to my e-mail address
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 11:03:34 -0400

Eric Abrahamsen writes:

Jorge A. Alfaro-Murillo writes:

I do not subscribe with my email to lists, but using news.gwene.org in gnus. There must be a way to check for duplicates in two different servers, but so few people reply to both the personal email address and the email list that I have never found the need to look how to set that up. I just delete the email and get slightly annoyed. I also have gnus-confirm-mail-reply-to-news set to t not to make the mistake of replying instead of following-up to news.

I'm also reading through the Gnus newsreader. Personally I appreciate getting replies emailed to me directly, because some of these groups are high traffic and it can be easy to miss replies to threads.

This is a cool trick for that:

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
 (add-hook 'message-sent-hook 'gnus-score-followup-thread)
#+END_SRC

In your case, have you tried setting the Mail-Followup-To header? Gnus also provides the `gnus-suppress-duplicates' option, which will at least mark the duplicates as read. That helps a bit.

Thanks! I'll check that next time I have the problem.

--
Jorge.