[O] Need help with HTML export custom postamble

From: David A. Gershman
Subject: [O] Need help with HTML export custom postamble
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 21:49:09 -0700

Hello Everyone,

I've searched and read and found several examples of making custom postambles for an HTML export, but I can't seem to find a way to do it all in a local file.

First, I'm new to HTML exporting (as some of you remember from my last email).  So, I went ahead and inserted a template into my .org file (C-c C-e # html) and noticed "html-postable" was set to 't'.  Based on what I read, this means it should take the contents of the variable "org-export-html-postamble-format" and use that for the postamble.

However, I set org-export-html-postamble-format in my .emacs file:

(setq org-export-html-postamble-format
  '(("en" "<p>From .emacs</p>"))
)
...and in my .org file had:

then I tried

and also removed it.  All 3 times the postamble from my .emacs was not used.

Finally, I tried "Local variables"?  Never did this before but attempted it and put:

# Local Variables:
# org-html-postamble: t
# org-export-html-postamble-format: "Hello World"
# End:
in my .org file and still no luck.

Can a custom pre/postamble be specified on a per file basis?  FWIW, no, I do not have any org-publish-project-alist specified as this seems to be a "site-based" solution.  I'm looking for a page-based solution.

TIA!

--David