Re: [O] Easy entry of date ranges

From: Ken Mankoff
Subject: Re: [O] Easy entry of date ranges
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 16:38:58 -0400

On 2015-08-26 at 15:04, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
> Ken Mankoff <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Org and the calendar make it fairly easy to enter time ranges, by
>> typing "--" and then the end time or "+" and then the duration. I'd
>> like to do something similar for dates, but it doesn't seem to be
>> supported. Is there an easy way to enter a date range for a scheduled
>> task?
>
> I don't think so. However, in Org, scheduling a task to date A means
> it can start from date A. Scheduling a task to "date A -- date B"
> would be equivalent to scheduling it to date A.
>
> You probably want to do scheduled + deadline, which is supported.

No, scheduled + deadline is a different use case. The syntax I use, =SCHEDULED:
<2020-01-01>--<2020-01-07>=, is valid, there just isn't an easy way to enter
it. One (of many) use cases: a week long vacation. This use case is supported
by Org since the Agenda helpfully shows "(1/7)", and "(2/7)", etc. before each
entry. Everything else is so efficient and has shortcuts, including time
ranges, I just hoped I was missing something here. Perhaps it hasn't been
implemented yet.

  -k.