Re: [O] Literate programming in org

From: Max Linke
Subject: Re: [O] Literate programming in org
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 21:40:58 +0200

On 08/26/2015 12:36 PM, Sebastien Vauban wrote:
See:

- inline Babel calls: ... call_<NAME>(<ARGUMENTS>) ... and/or
- inline code blocks: src_<LANGUAGE>{<BODY>}.

Yes I'm currently using inline babel calls.

* reruning specific cells only one time after emacs was started

    I have some cells that are long running and produce some variables
    I later use for plotting or calculating related values. To avoid
    recalculating I have added `cache: yes` to these cells. But they
    are only run once across restarts of emacs or my interpreter session
    in the background. When I start working again I would like to have a
    way to rerun all code-cells independent of the fact if they are cached
    or not. This would lead to a huge speed up in converting to latex for
    me.

I don't understand why re-running code blocks which are cached is
a problem.  Could you elaborate?

I wanted a shortcut to rerun every code cell independent of cached status. Looking again into the docs I found the short-cut

        'C-u C-c C-v b'

This calls 'org-babel-execute-buffer'.