Re: [O] Do you like to have your TODOs at the same headline level?

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] Do you like to have your TODOs at the same headline level?
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 21:00:55 +0200

address@hidden (J. David Boyd) writes:
> Sebastien Vauban <address@hidden> writes:
>> William Denton <address@hidden> writes:
>>> I'm trying to spend more time in a sparse tree view where I just see
>>> TODOs (C-c / t).  I didn't like having the TODOs at different levels
>>> of indentation, though.  I prefer seeing them all lined up, so
>>> I moved them all to be fourth-level headline.  It's visually
>>> pleasing, and I don't care if a second-level headline has
>>> a fourth-level child without a third-level one.
>>>
>>> Do other people do this?
>>
>> No, and I don't think that's sane.  It would be logical to expect
>> problems at export time (to LaTeX, among others) and in Org-lint.
>>
>> I try to put all the tasks at the 2nd level, the 1st level being
>> reserved for big sections such as "Administration", "Tasks", "Team",
>> etc.
>>
>> I'm very rigorous about expecting that all my "project management"
>> documents can be exported (without loosing subtrees or generating error)
>> to HTML (as the very first goal) and to LaTeX (as the second one).
>>
>> OTOH, I don't deny your wish to get things aligned; that's why I've
>> opted to 4-char todo states only!
>
> 4-char todo states?  How about a list? I can't picture how to
> abbreviate some things...

Sure. Here it is:

- TODO :: Open, not (yet) started.
- STRT :: In progress, working on, doing.
- WAIT :: On hold, assigned, feedback.
- SDAY :: Someday, maybe, perhaps, wish.
- DONE :: Completed, closed, resolved.
- CANX :: Wontfix, rejected.

The only exception, but that's on purpose is "NEW" for things going to
the CollectBox.

Best regards,
  Seb

--