Re: [O] Not getting replies from the orgmode list to my e-mail address

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: [O] Not getting replies from the orgmode list to my e-mail address
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 14:17:43 -0400

address@hidden (Jorge A. Alfaro-Murillo) writes:

> Eric S Fraga writes:
>
>>  Replies need not be written to go to both you and the list.
>
> I would add: and should not. Otherwise people subscribed to the list
> get the message twice.

Directing a reply to somebody and cc'ing the list is common practice on
many lists, including this list and emacs.devel.  If you want to avoid
duplicates, you'll have better luck filtering on your end.  You can set
the Mail-Followup-To header, but others' MUAs might not respect it.
While I don't think this is true here, it's also worth being aware that
some lists discourage using Mail-Followup-To.  For example

  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/56264/

--
Kyle