Re: [O] How to make weeks start from Sunday and be numbered from a custo

From: Meir Goldenberg
Subject: Re: [O] How to make weeks start from Sunday and be numbered from a custom date
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 16:37:44 +0000 (UTC)

Bill Burdick <bill.burdick <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Have you tried customizing org-agenda-format-date with a function?
Here's the doc string:

> "Format string for displaying dates in the agenda.
> Used by the daily/weekly agenda and by the timeline.  This should be
> a format string understood by `format-time-string', or a function
returning
> the formatted date as a string.  The function must take a single
argument,
> a calendar-style date list like (month day year)."
>

> If you're mostly concerned about displaying dates, rather than reading
them in, that might do the trick.

> -- Bill
>

> On Sun, Aug 23, 2015 at 9:04 PM Nick Dokos <ndokos <at> gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Meir Goldenberg <mgoldenbe <at> gmail.com> writes:
> > Two questions:
> >
> > 1. My work week starts on Sunday, so I have:
> >
> > (setq org-agenda-start-on-weekday 0)
> >
> > Now the agenda timeline starts on Sunday as desired. However, it says
on top "Week agenda (W34-W35)", i.e. it still thinks that the week starts
on Monday. Can I change that?

> > 2. It would be very useful for me if the weeks were numbered from the
week when my big work project started. Can I have the week numbering
customized to have W01 on a certain date?

> I believe the answer is "no" to both questions: these are ISO week
> numbers and org depends on calendar functions to calculate them.
> --
> Nick

This sounds good. However, it requires knowledge of eLisp, which I cannot
claim to possess. I would very much appreciate a code snippet that would
get me started in the right direction.