[O] Code causes complete crash of emacs - sometimes

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: [O] Code causes complete crash of emacs - sometimes
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 15:17:07 +0200

Hi

I had the following in my emacs.org and it caused under certain
conditions a complete crash from emacs:

,----
| ** Fancier Code Block Delimiters
| Essentially from Eric Schulte ([O] Prettier (or at least fancier) code block
delimiters)
| #+begin_src emacs-lisp
| (defun rmk/prettier-org-code-blocks ()
|   (interactive)
|   (font-lock-add-keywords nil
|                           '(("\\(\+begin_src\\)"
|                              (0 (progn (compose-region (match-beginning 1)
(match-end 1) ?<)
|                                        nil)))
|                             ("\\(\+end_src\\)"
|                              (0 (progn (compose-region (match-beginning 1)
(match-end 1) ?>)
|                                        nil))))))
| (add-hook 'org-mode-hook 'rmk/prettier-org-code-blocks)
| #+end_src
`----

The steps were:

1) create new header
2) create new <el tab code block
3) mouse up
4) crash

This happened in the terminal and in the GUI, but only under certain
circumstances - reproducible on my system.

Is it just on my system?

I hope that by removing this my crashes are gone and emacs is as stable
as before.

Thanks,

Rainer
UCT), Dipl. Phys. (Germany)