Re: [O] emacs & org mode for scholars questions

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] emacs & org mode for scholars questions
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 12:07:28 +0100

On Wednesday, 26 Aug 2015 at 06:39, John Kitchin wrote:
> Interesting. I could see some interesting extensions to it. I use
> button-lock to alert me to interesting (to me) text in my buffers a lot,
> which is a little less intrusive. For example, any names in my

Interesting!  Indeed it would be interesting to tie these two concepts
together, sort of an automatic hyper-text facility with multiple
out-going links...

> When you say trawled, is this with some indexing tool, or something you
> wrote?

The remembrance-agent package in Debian includes the tools for trawling
through text files and creating the databases (ra-index) the emacs tool
requires (using ra-retrieve).

I run the index operation using crontab weekly.  Weekly is sufficient
for my needs as the content is not that dynamic and it is the old
content that I need help remembering ;-)

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.50.2, Org release_8.3.1-176-g45abec