[O] document depreciation of timeline? (was: Re: Bug: Displaying timelin

From: Gregor Zattler
Subject: [O] document depreciation of timeline? (was: Re: Bug: Displaying timeline for .org-file and then switching to including inactive timestamps will not include old and future inactive timestamps [8.3.1 (8.3.1-16-gf6aa53-elpa @ /Users/cube/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150810/)])
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 11:07:25 +0200

Hi Nicolas,
* Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> [24. Aug. 2015]:
> There are many advertised limitations to Timeline feature. Actually,
> Timeline feature is moribund[fn:1][fn:2]. Use Agenda view instead.

[... 4 Zeilen gelöscht ...]
> [fn:1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/39368/focus=40038
>
> [fn:2] http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/60518

There are only two commits which mention the timeline in their
summry lines in the newer git history since 2008-01-31.

Shouldn't the feature then be officially depreciated and
mentioned as stale in the manual?  The manual mentions the
timeline in most cases together with the agenda.  And there is a
small chapter dedicated to the timeline.

If depreciation of the timeline is OK I would patch the manual
accordingly.

Ciao, Gregor
--