Re: [O] [DEV] Bump Emacs requirement to 24.4?

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] [DEV] Bump Emacs requirement to 24.4?
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 01:02:10 +0200

Hi Rasmus,

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:

> It would seem to me, that the natural conclusion from this is simply to
> EOL Org 8+ and move on to v9, no?

(I'm not sure what you mean by "EOL".)

And surely I've not been clear (see my answer to Suvayu too):
the whole purpose of this three-branches temporary move is to be
able to continue adding new features to the 8.x series, so that
Emacs-23 users can enjoy those features.

So the next major version will be 8.4, and Emacs 23 compatible.

This does not prevent from working on the master branch and
develop things that are Emacs 24.3+ compatible.

I hope it makes more sense.

--
 Bastien