Re: [O] Exporting calender to ical

From: Benny Simonsen
Subject: Re: [O] Exporting calender to ical
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 07:08:11 +0200

Benny Simonsen <address@hidden> writes:

> ** <2015-08-11 12:00> Simple event, default duration
> :PROPERTIES:
> :ID: 71def5c6-2f7e-4560-88d9-f13187bfd9f8
> :END:

How did you produce these timestamps?

I have made the timestamp by hand and I propably found that it didn't change anything, so it was faster not including the day of week.

* Simple event, default duration
  <2015-08-11 Tue 12:00>

...results in...

We still have the timestamp but just moved to DESCRIPTION.

I would normally like to get it completely removed.

Maybe I should make an option for removing active timestamps in the header or postprocess the ics file for my special usage.

<2015-08-12 Wed 12:00-12:59>
[cut]

When I use that, the duration exports correctly to ics. See
http://orgmode.org/manual/Timestamps.html for more details.

Great - Much easer to read.

Hope this helps.
Matt