Re: [O] BUG in columns view since 0f93638ce (Jun 2 2015)

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] BUG in columns view since 0f93638ce (Jun 2 2015)
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 01:08:41 +0200

Johan Sandblom <address@hidden> writes:

> Thank you for your quick reaction. Unfortunately it is still not
> perfect. Starting column mode with point on the headline "** bla"
> makes the column view end before headline "** bli". Am I right that
> this is unintended?

This is intended. According to the manual[fn:1]

     If the cursor is somewhere inside the outline, this command
     searches the hierarchy, up from point, for a ‘:COLUMNS:’ property
     that defines a format. When one is found, the column view table is
     established for the tree starting at the entry that contains the
     ‘:COLUMNS:’ property.

Regards,

[fn:1] (info "(org) Using column view"), first command.