Re: [O] [OFF TOPIC] almost giving up on emacs email..looking for advice?

From: Xebar Saram
Subject: Re: [O] [OFF TOPIC] almost giving up on emacs email..looking for advice?
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 17:38:29 +0300

On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 5:16 PM, Peter Davis <pfd@pfdstudio.com> wrote:
spent years (literally) playing with gnus and giving up, only to be drawn back
to it weeks, months or years later to try again. Seriously, it was only after years of this that I managed to get things working
well enough to actually use gnus, and even at that I only use it with IMAP.

Hehe this is *exactly* what i have experienced. im dying to move over to emacs for emails but so far both gnus and mu4e are giving me so many issues (and it may be that im just not smart enough to configure them properly). The latest i tried was setting up gnus via imap (gmail ) which worked for approximately 2 hours before getting errors and making me (once again..) give up and crawl back defeated to gmail :) plus the fact that i need a separate emacs session just for mail and all other small quirks in gnus are kind of a pain to setup (at least it seems so).
mu4e seemed so promising but for me it seems that no matter what i do i cant get the headers to auto refresh when i get a new email which is driving me crazy so had to give up on that.