[O] Bugs in org-babel "comments org" property blank spaces and links

From: Seamus Tuohy
Subject: [O] Bugs in org-babel "comments org" property blank spaces and links
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 09:00:27 -0400

Hello All,

I have encountered what I believe to be two bugs in the way that org-babel handles exporting using the org based comments.
I am running on Org-mode version 8.3.1 ( 8.3.1-elpaplus ) as pulled from Cask.

The first is a bug is related to the handling of commenting links. When links are commented the entire link is not commented. Only the text is commented. This creates an uncommented string in the source code. Here is an example.

---source.org---

#+PROPERTY:    comments org

** [[http://orgmode.org/][Header links are broken on export]]
[[http://orgmode.org/][Inline links are broken on export]]

---output.el---

[[http://orgmode.org/][;; Header links are broken on export]]
[[http://orgmode.org/][;; Inline links are broken on export]]

------

The second bug causes an error to occur when exporting source blocks that do not text between them.

---source.org---

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(message "Inline blocks that have no text between them are broken as well.")
#+END_SRC

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(message "I am broken.")
#+END_SRC

---output.el---

(message "Inline blocks that have no text between them are broken as well.")

------

When toggle-debug-on-error is set the following error occurs.

---*Backtrace*---

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Nothing to comment")
  signal(error ("Nothing to comment"))
  error("Nothing to comment")
  comment-region-default(1 3 nil)
  comment-region(1 3)
 org-babel-spec-to-string((
  org-babel-tangle(nil)

----

I have put some files I have used to reproduce the bug at the following gist.

https://gist.github.com/elationfoundation/0238ecb4e26730bdbab1

Best,
s2e