[O] Cookies on check-boxed plain lists don't get updated

From: Gerald Wildgruber
Subject: [O] Cookies on check-boxed plain lists don't get updated
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 14:50:27 +0200

Hi

I'm running org mode on emacs version GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (git checkout).

I'm using nested plain lists with check-boxes and cookies; here's a
simple example:

=====================================

* TODO Heading [0/3]

- [ ] entry 1
- [ ] entry 2 [0/0]
    - [ ] sub-entry 1
    - [ ] sub-entry 2
    - [ ] sub-entry 3
- [ ] entry 3

=====================================

Regardless of any edits of sub-entries, the cookie of "entry 2" NEVER
gets updated, it always shows a green "[0/0]" and not the correct
"[0/3]"; it doesn't work neither with org mode 8.3 stable nor with a git
checkout.

If I delete "entry 1", updating the cookie works; so: it only works if
nothing stands before the entry wich has the cookie (that also means:
the nesting itself in NOT the problem).

It DOES work correctly with the org mode package that comes with emacs:
"Org-mode version 8.2.10 (release_8.2.10 @
/usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/)"

Thanks for your help

Gerald