Re: [O] org-lint does not finish on some org-mode buffer

From: Gregor Zattler
Subject: Re: [O] org-lint does not finish on some org-mode buffer
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 01:19:31 +0200

Hi Nicolas,
* Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> [10. Aug. 2015]:
> Gregor Zattler <address@hidden> writes:
>> I run org-lint on one of my org-mode buffers -- 13015 lines with
>> ~2000 CLOCK: lines -- and it did not finish within 1 1/2 hours.
>>
>> Is this a bug?  I did another run for a few minutes and profiled
>> this on.  Profiler reports are attached.
>
> It looks like an infloop when trying to parse a link. Could you send the
> file, or even bisect the file in order to find problematic link?

You are right.  I bisected the file.  There is a ’>’ missing.  At
least with my configuration the attached file ’bad.org’ freezes
Emacs with latest org-mode (but it is in most cases possible to
do a C-G):

emacs-snapshot -Q -L ~/src/org-mode/lisp/  -nw bad.org

I consider this a bug.

File ’good.org’ with closing ’>’ does not cause this problems.

Thanks for your help.

Ciao, Gregor
--