Re: [O] How to visit every source block and modify it's NAME property wi

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] How to visit every source block and modify it's NAME property with org-element?
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2015 10:12:27 +0200

Hello,

Grant Rettke <address@hidden> writes:

> Goal:
>
> 1) Visit every source block
> 2) If there is a NAME property
>    1) Then replace it's value with a UUID
> 3) If there is not an NAME property
>    1) Add an NAME property and give it a UUID.
>
> `org-uuid' [provides] the functionality to create a UUID. It seems like
> this could be re-used for this NAME property. Would that be a good idea?
> The code would be nearly the same (choose a UUID program, get a value,
> insert it).
>
> What is the best way to do it with `org-element'?

Probably something like this (untested)

  (let ((case-fold-search t))
    (while (re-search-forward "^[ \t]*#+BEGIN_SRC" nil t)
      (let ((element (org-element-at-point)))
        (when (eq (org-element-type element) 'src-block)
          (if (not (org-element-property :name element))
              (let ((i (org-get-indentation)))
                (beginning-of-line)
                (save-excursion (insert "#+NAME: whatever\n"))
                (indent-to i)
                (forward-line 2))
            (re-search-backward "^[ \t]*#\\+NAME: +\\(.*\\)" nil t)
            (replace-match "whatever" ni nil nil 1))))))

> This is very similar to a post I just made about headlines and the ID
> property but they are different enough to post separately.

Unlike to the previous post, using `org-element' is mandatory in order
to avoid false positive when matching a source block.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou