Re: [O] templating with Org?

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] templating with Org?
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2015 14:11:33 -0400

I don't have the impression you would need to hijack the export process. It seems like you would need to call a function that gets data from some source (e.g the org document) and then populates a template with that data, and once that is done, call a regular export function. There are a  number of template solutions: http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/CategoryTemplates. I am not sure these are too easy to adapt to what you describe.

I played around with some ideas for this here:

http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu/blog/2014/01/20/Alternatives-to-long-complex-format-statements-in-emacs-lisp/
http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu/blog/2014/01/26/Another-alternative-to-string-templates/

Something like these could be used to populate a template I think.

John

Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F
Department of Chemical Engineering