[O] Babel and R: Call code block and output plot

From: Stefan Nobis
Subject: [O] Babel and R: Call code block and output plot
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 18:17:12 +0200

Hi.

I'm playing a little bit with R code blocks in babel and calling them
in different parts of my document (e.g. showing output in the main
part and the code in the appendix).

With most code blocks (e.g. setting some variables or outputting a
LaTeX table with xtable) this works as expected (thanks to all working
on this; its really great).

Now I wanted to show a plot, but the associated code should also be
shown in the appendix. In this case CALL seems not to work (not plot
file is created or its empty).

Here is a small example of what I'm trying to achieve:

#+TITLE: Plotting Test
#+CREATOR: Emacs 24.5.1 (Org mode 8.2.10)
#+STARTUP: showall
#+PROPERTY: session *R*
#+PROPERTY: exports results

* Main Part

Here I want to show some plot:

#+CALL: myplot[:exports results]()

* Appendix

Here the code of the plot should be shown:

#+NAME: myplot
#+BEGIN_SRC R :results output graphics :exports code :file my-plot.pdf
hist(rnorm(50))
#+END_SRC

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong or how to better achieve my goal?

--
Until the next mail...,
Stefan.