Re: [O] Org-mode exporters licensing

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: [O] Org-mode exporters licensing
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 11:05:52 +0200

On 2015-07-27, at 10:35, Rasmus <address@hidden> wrote:

> Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden> writes:

>>> My guess would be no.  You should ask the FSF lawyers.
>>
>> You mean like no, it's not fine, or no, they won't come and get me? ;-)
>
> I think you cannot share your code unless your release your example
> backend under GPL3+.  You can presumably release the code backend under
> GPL and text under whatever.  But, really, you should ask the FSF lawyers
> about this.

Assuming they would understand my question...

Frankly speaking, I'm rather astonished at your and Eric's answers.
I treated my question as a formality, and expected answers like "Of
course you can do it, don't be silly."  I guess I should have published
it without asking...  That's probably what I'm going to do in the future
in similar cases.

>> BTW, I'm not really afraid of EFF lawyers.
>
> EFF is the privacy organization.  Do you mean FSF?

Yes, of course, sorry.

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski