Re: [O] evaluate TBLFM

From: Grant Rettke
Subject: Re: [O] evaluate TBLFM
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 08:28:25 -0500

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 2:45 PM, Charles Millar <address@hidden> wrote:
> I am learning how to use org-babel and want to export (LaTeX) a table with
> the final column added at final row, which should be inserted. The entire
> process would take place upon exporting to LaTeX/pdf
>
> Desired result (roughly speaking)
>
> | date | Description | Amount    |
> |--------|----------------|---------------|
> | 6-7   | blah            |     1.00      |
> | 6-8   | blah blah    |    2.00       |
> |         |                    |    3.00        | (this row to be inserted
> and then column 3 added) (Also nice if a hline were inserted before the last
> row)
>
> The table is generated from a recutils data base and essentially this is the
> set up
>

> #+Name: ATable
> #+begin_src rec data: Foo.rec :type Bar :fields date,Description,Amount
> #+end_src
>
> #+TBLNAME: ATable
>
> I have read Using Code Blocks in Org Tables in the Worg Babel Introduction
> and searched the lists and am not sure of how to implement this.

I'm not sure what you are trying to perform with this code. That
probably says more about me than you.

Are you loading the contents of a recfile into an Org-Mode table and
them performing a manipulation on that table? Is that what you want to
do? You said that you are not sure how to implement this and I am not
sure what precisely you want to implement.