Re: [O] Specify org-latex-pdf-process for a single file?

From: Thomas S . Dye
Subject: Re: [O] Specify org-latex-pdf-process for a single file?
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 16:15:03 -1000

Aloha Vikas,

Vikas Rawal <address@hidden> writes:

> How do I specify org-latex-pdf-process for a single file? I am working on a
> book manuscript, where I need to run makeindex and biber, along with xelatex.
> That is not normally needed in every document. Can I org-latex-pdf-process in
> the document itself?

Yes, you can use a local variable.

I like to store configuration components in the library of babel and
call them from there.

So, I have is in the library:

#+name: set-pdf-process-biber
#+header: :results silent
#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (setq org-latex-pdf-process
        '("pdflatex -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o %f"
          "biber %b"
          "pdflatex -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o %f"
          "pdflatex -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o %f"))
#+end_src

Near the bottom of my document, in a heading tagged :noexport:, I have
this:

# Local Variables:
# eval: (sbe "set-pdf-process-biber")

hth,