Re: [O] [ox bug] batch export seems to be broken or have changed

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] [ox bug] batch export seems to be broken or have changed
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2015 23:05:47 +0200

Hi,

I hope you had a pleasant break from the PC.

> Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I used to be able to something like
>>
>>     emacs -Q --file foo.org  --batch --no-init-file -f
>> org-latex-export-to-pdf
>>     # tex output
>>
>> And everything would work.
>>
>> Now I get something like
>>
>>      emacs -Q --file foo.org  --batch --no-init-file -f
>> org-latex-export-to-pdf
>>      Output file:                 # RET
>>      Processing LaTeX file ./.tex...
>>      PDF file ./.tex.pdf wasn't produced
>>
>> i.e. I'm asked about output file name.
>
> I cannot reproduce it.

I still see the problem.  Are you tracking Emacs-git?  I'm currently
using:

     commit fa5a880f733cbbe3b0d515ed3e1cf7c6fd54cfd8
     Date:   Thu Jul 16 20:04:07 2015 +0200

My Makefile calling something similar to the above is not working on my PC
and asks for an input file.  On my Debian 7 CI machine the Makefile is
still working...  I don't have access to my other laptop ATM so I haven't
tested it there.

I tried to downgrade to Emacs 24.5, but when I batch export as above I
get:

     Symbol's function definition is void: cl-struct-define

Rasmus

--
In theory, practice and theory are the same. In practice they are not