Re: [O] file or headline-local template for new subtree?

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] file or headline-local template for new subtree?
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 23:31:59 +0200

Matt Price <address@hidden> writes:

> I have this new system, in which I create a new subtree for every paper I
> grade. I'd love to have the new subtree automatically populated by a
> mostly-empty table on cration. Is this something I can do on a per-file
> basis; or perhaps even something I can change with every level 1 heading?
> I can think of a couple uses for this, actually.

I'm fond of org-structure-template-alist, but it might not be powerful
enough for what you want here.  On a per file basis you could bind some
letter in org-structure-template-alist.  ATM it cannot guess how to insert
a subtree.  But there's org-insert-subheading.

Rasmus

--
El Rey ha muerto. ¡Larga vida al Rey!