[O] John's amazing indexing posts

From: Matt Price
Subject: [O] John's amazing indexing posts
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 05:41:22 -0400

Not sure if everyone has seen John's latest post about indexing org files with swish-e:

http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu/blog/2015/07/06/Indexing-headlines-in-org-files-with-swish-e-with-laser-sharp-results/

It's very impressive.  It strikes me as a step towards an incredibly ambitious project that would bring file indexing inside of Emacs -- so it would not longer be necessary to go out to a shell or a Desktop Search tool in order to find files that contain particular search terms.  I'm looking forward to your next steps, John!

Matt