[O] Publishing: building navigation menus and lists of files

From: Matt Price
Subject: [O] Publishing: building navigation menus and lists of files
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2015 08:16:54 -0400

I am hoping to finally transition some of my websites to static sites published directly from org finally!). one thing I would really like is to automatically build menus and perhaps index files based on the directory structure I'm exporting from.  So, if I have:

RLG231

|--Assignments
|   |
|   |-- Assignment1.org

|--Lectures

     |-- etc

I would like to have a navigation bar with links to "Assignments" and "Lectures" , and possibly dropdown menus for "Assignment1.html", etc.

What do other people do with their websites?

I have the idea, also, that within the directories I might like to have an "index.org" that looks like this:

* Lectures
This class has lectures.  They are really interesting.  Here is a list:
#+BEGIN_SRC
this block will output a nicely formatted html list of all the lectures in this directory,
#+END_SRC

I imagine other people have figured this out so I would love to learn from you all...