Re: [O] notes in org-mode export to beamer

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] notes in org-mode export to beamer
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 01:53:21 -0400

Vicente <address@hidden> writes:

> Is it possible to have additional notes --references, explanations,
> quotations, etc-- outside the frame in an org-mode presentation and
> keep them in exports? Actually I'm thinking more of a handout than a
> strict beamer export.  Graphically, I'd like to show the frames as
> "images" and the notes as text below them.

Beamer provides notes (see its user guide) and org supports that using
the BEAMER_ENV note environment. Something like this:

#+TITLE: Quicksort in Clojure
#+AUTHOR: J David Smith
#+DATE: <2014-04-11 Fri>
#+STARTUP: beamer
#+LATEX_HEADER: \setbeamersize{text margin left=10pt}
#+LATEX_HEADER: \setbeameroption{show notes}

* Clojure
  - Dialect of Lisp
  - Compiles into JVM Bytecode

** Note
:PROPERTIES:
:BEAMER_ENV: note
:END:

This is a note

See the beamer export section in the Org manual.

HTH,
Nick