Re: [O] problem with ox-pandoc export

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] problem with ox-pandoc export
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2015 14:57:39 +0200

Alan Schmitt <address@hidden> writes:

> In short, it exports the org file to another temporary org file (using
> the pandoc exporter that inherits from the org exporter), then it calls
> the pandoc binary to convert from org to the target format. The first
> step (org to temporary org) is used to extract some information from the
> org file that is used in further steps (like creating a custom CSS or
> adding arguments to the call to the pandoc binary).

So this is not a Pandoc export back-end (i.e. a back-end that translates
Org syntax into Pandoc's extended Markdown syntax).

I think it would be nice to have the latter in core, even more so when
we finally introduce citation syntax in Org.

> The problem seems to be that the org to org export part is not the
> identity. Calling `org-org-template' in `org-pandoc-template' solves the
> issue.

Then mimic `org-org-template' in `org-pandoc-template', as it is really
basic.

Regards,